Welcome to N.E.R.V.R.C
Founded in 1999, the North East Region Volunteer Resources Centre Inc trades as Volunteers of Banyule. It is a not for profit incorporated community organisation which offers a range of services across the north eastern suburbs of Melbourne. We focus on the City of Banyule and the Shire of Nillumbik.
known as the Volunteers of Banyule (V.O.B)
Our services include:
The site is designed to offer you an overview of our services and programs. We recognize that each individual and organisation has different needs and expectations about volunteering and we are here to help.
- Providing information to individuals and groups about volunteering
- Assisting members of the community to find suitable volunteering opportunities
- Supporting non-profit organisations with their recruitment, training and support strategies for volunteers
- Promoting volunteering throughout the community
Please contact us to discuss your needs.
COME AND SEE US
We run interviews for those interested in volunteering in general, as well as those people who have a specific role or field of interest they wish to pursue. If you would like to have a chat and see what we can offer please call us on 9497 2777 and book a time. Interviews take about 30 minutes wih very friendly, helpful information officers and occur between 10am and 2pm Monday to Friday.
No Interest Loans
The No Interest Loan Scheme (NILS) provides individuals and families on low incomes with access to safe, fair and affordable credit.
Loan amounts are between $300 – $1,200 for essential goods and services such as fridges, washing machines and medical procedures.
No credit checks are made as this is a program based on trust and respect
To qualify you must:
· Have a health care card/pension card
· Reside in your current premises for more than 3 months
. Show a willingness and capacity to repay
Please call Volunteers of Banyule on 9497 2777 to discuss No Interest Loans further